Quote:
Originally posted by Pondrookie:
I haven't posted anything in awhile but just want to join the many East Texas pond managers with great ponds. It has been a good year for us this year will all the rain but that too creates some problems. I am about 15 miles north of Sulphur Springs and have a 2 acre pond and this years Tilapia stocking is doing exceptionally well. Can't wait to start harvesting them. Hope you all have a happy and healty summer.
Pondrookie, I “share crop” on my son’s pond’s about five miles north of your place in Delta County, and indeed it has been a frustrating, exciting, and productive year for East Texas pond managers with great ponds.

We have survived records drought years, floods for some, and I have lucked out on meeting my personal goals of managing productive “put and take ponds”, producing near trophy class HSB, CNBG and RES, although trophy fish are not my objective.

For our many out of state friends, as well as “neoTexans”, we need to clarify what “East Texas” really means:
N.E. Texas
East Texas
“Deep” East Texas
S.E. Texas

For those unfamiliar with Texas distances, it’s >250 miles miles from Sulphur Springs (N.E. Texas) to Houston (S.E. Texas)

Same wishes to all:
“Hope you all have a happy and healthy summer.”

George Glazener
N.E. Texas
2 acre and ¼ acres ponds