I forgot to post a picture of some of the rocks I have picked up or pushed from different places where I have cleaned up and prepared for building the ponds. This is one of many piles of them. There are a couple of them in here that I drug with the tractor using a chain and it was struggling all the way.

Since I took this picture I have moved one with the dozer and I wasn't sure it was going to be able to shove it up the hill from the pond area to this pile. But it did with a lot of grunting and tread slipping. I would guess it weighs well over a ton.

And one last picture of the settling pond area from when we first took ownership of the property. This is looking uphill from about where the northwest corner of it is. Just to the right of picture center is the pine sapling that is near the inlet to the pond. The two large oaks on the right are just behind and to the right of the house location. This is a panorama made from four pictures.

This next picture is the tractor and 5.5 yard scraper that a friend of mine used to scoop out both pond areas and transfer the dirt to our house pad. This is a 100 HP John Deere four wheel drive. It was amazing to watch it pull that scraper through the clay and fill it up in no time at all. He also has a Cat D6 and a fairly large Komatsu track hoe and builds ponds for a living. He has been a good source of info for me and has made several suggestions on my project. I value his opinions very highly as I have seen some of his work and he definitely knows what he is doing.

Red Rock Rancher