John - Thank you for the warning - we’re putting off the actual construction until we can be there full time. It’s a shame that the contractor didn’t heed your wishes – the original design of your pond sounds strong. I wouldn’t have guessed that there were any regrets by the looks of your pond. If ours comes out even half as nice as yours, I’ll be very happy. I think your signature says it all- “Serenity Now”.

I am sure we will still end up with some “if only, would’ve, could’ve” but, hopefully, not too many. One of my major concerns is ensuring that our pond gets enough attention to detail as we are planning on building our permanent home simultaneously (just one of the reasons for all of the pre-planning - but the main reason is I am just that way). We may have to separate these 2 jobs calendar-wise so the contractors are not stepping on one another…but there is going to need to be some type of communication between the two. I’m thinking pond first, house second (there is another house on the property for the interim). I am much more comfortable with the house aspects as I’ve “been there, done that” and am aware of the pitfalls but the pond is a new one for me. I will probably formally introduce myself closer to build-time, and ask for the horror stories.

Oh, and wasn’t that Schrodinger a fun guy!