3 steps forward and 4 steps back. I spent Thur, Fri and Sun driving the skidloader.

Thursday night I slept in the cab of the skid loader. I am an idiot but the work has to get done. I have brought out contractors, workers and unemployed people and no one wants the work. For some it was too much work, for others too big a job, others it was not the right kind of work, and one who had not had any work in his company for 4 months, the timing did not fit.

I am out again this weekend, thur-Sun. Spend the nights thur and fri.

Saturday we received a heavy rain which flooded the ponds I just spent draining and washing out banks I had just rebuilt.

Oh what fun!!!
middle pond looking down to dam

Front of middle pond looking to bend. Clay staged in the pond ready to be laid once the ponds dry out.

middle pond has grown to about 1.25 acres but not too deep average 6 ft with max at 12.

This was originally going to be the catfish pond but since the main pond may not be finished for several years, I am looking at making this pond smallmouth and yellow perch

swimming pond...the swimming pond will be small about 70 by 70 with max depth 8 feet for the raft. Beach area is in the front. We will build a rock partition or wall in the back area to create a second forage pond that is connected to the marsh area. Marsh area stretches up the picture and is about 100 long by 30 feet wide. The upper march will be cut off from the lower marsh and serve as a separate retention basin for silt and area of shallow water for frogs, and other stuff.

This is the upper forage pond. It is 15 by 100 long. This will be for fathead minnows. This ponds still needes work but with the water have been unable bring the skiloader in to finish.

we are 3 days of work away from bringing out the rollers but every time I mention working at the land, a storm comes. After we sheepfoot roll the ponds, then we lay the DB200 sealant, add 6 inches of new clay, roll with the smooth shell roller and then add 1 more layer of DB200 and last roll.

Then we can build the rock bridge, and rock fishing docks.

I have the skidloader rented every Thur to Sun until the end of Sept. Man, I hope I can finish.

I sure hope I do not have any other dreams like this ever again.

Last edited by kurt; 01/03/12 11:24 AM.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?