I have something like the 5 in 1 strips. I had tested it before and sure it is not any better.

The Nitrates and Nitrites were high.

I kind of expected it to happen with the number of fish I have in the tank and the home made bio filter probably is not large enough for the load. I need to figure out a way to haul water from a pond or lake or something to remove the chloromine from our nasty city water.

I have the filter pump up and back out like a shower to help with air, been running a smaller aerator, and now have these agitators which will probably add more than the other two combined. I only have one running now, have to figure out how to mount the other and get the cord to the power.

The was testing fine when we had all the rain as I would be able to exchange up to 50% of the water as the new rain fall came in.

I did notice a FHM had died last night, the Tilapia were pecking at it, not sure if they will eat it or not or I may just take it out of the tank if it is still floating. If it is already on the bottom I am sure either the Plecostomus or the crayfish will eat it.

Thanks