jdank I found that trying to take out GC is hard. They are very smart. I would feed my fish a little every day so I could see what I had and how big they were. I had 18 GC in the 20 to 30 lb range and most would come to the deck with the rest of the fish at feeding time. So I bought a five prong fish spear and nailed one but I couldn't hold on to the spear and it was pulled out of my hand, and later I found the spear on the bottom and retrieved it. From that day on not one GC would come up to eat so I could get another chance to spear one. The following winter I bought an even bigger pronged spear and in the spring only one GC would sometimes come up to feed. I speared him and again he was too big to hold, and again I found the spear on the pond bottom. Neither of the GC died. The rest of the year not one GC showed up to feed. Then I had a fish kill last winter and they all died except one I still see swimming in the pond. So that solved that problem.

I was reading online of a lake association that had stocked GC and was trying to take some of them out and nothing was really working. Finally one guy made up a dough ball mixture and he was catching them by hook. I can't remember what was in the mixture but maybe you can do a search and come up with the post or article. I knew I should have saved it.