Kelly the reason I said GC eat Chara is only because I looked it up on their eating list, and not from my own personal experience. It was listed in the primary list of foods they like and not the secondary, but it’s really up to the fish.

Eurasian milfoil is on the invasive-species list here in IN but they might as well make it a native plant as it is everywhere I go kayaking and it's probably here forever as are thistles and wild carrots. My pond is isolated and bermed and there is no inlet or outlet into the wild, just an overflow into my farm field so I can experiment without effecting others. But the toothpaste is out of the tube concerning Eurasian milfoil. For all the efforts to stop this plant the battle has been lost. When I put GC in my pond the Eurasian milfoil was listed as a secondary plant that they didn't eat well, on the list I had at the time. But they really went after it. Eurasian milfoil is a plant that spoils human recreation but from my experience the aquatic life loved it.