John, your pond stocking method is an interesting concept. With complete sincerity, I'm very glad it is the way you wanted it to be, and that it has worked out very well for you.

I mean absolutely no disrespect when I say that professional pond managers worldwide get hired all the time to "correct" situations such as your pond and many (most?) pond meister's will spend vast amounts of time and money trying to eliminate common carps in their waters. Ponds with non-fertile turbidity stirred up by bottom feeders, wind/wave action or colloidal clay are generally considered very unsightly and unproductive for most.

My concern was the suggestion that some fish were able to control FA when they can't, a least through consumption. I doubt that very many people would be happy at all with a large number of fish (carp species most would consider very undesirable) muddying up their waters as a means of achieving FA or other plant control.

I am curious...could we see some pictures showing the size and coloration of your LMB and BG in the pond?

I supply my Blue Tilapia to many people with Koi ponds to control FA...that and all the research showing Koi only consume FA incidentally to ingesting other foods is another reason we need to be careful about suggesting they be used for FA control.

Last edited by Rainman; 06/25/11 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling