I've got baby catfish?!!!!
Let me give you guys a little refresher on the history of my pond. Its a 1/2 acrea cattle pond thats about 50 years old. 12 feet at the deepest point. If i measured right, about 2' of muck on the bottom. And untill this year, has been completly covered in duckweed.

The first part of april this year, I put 25 cc fingerlings, 4 GC, 2 koi, 8 1# LMB in here. Since then, I have been putting as many adult CNBG as I can catch in there. Also bought 15 CNBG fingerlings that Ihave tank raised to release, after they were big enough to avoid preditors. I have been manualy removing as much DW as I can. To assist in muck breakdown and nutrient reduction, we started using an old irrigation pump to circulate the water. Now I have a home built aerator in place.

The DW is now on the decline. I havnt been able to get out and remove any in a couple of weeks, but i notice that its all but gone around the edges. I only have 1 big concentration left in a shallow end ( 4-5' at the deepest). This end is shaded by trees, and rceives all the run off from the wooded area behind it. It also has the most muck built up. I am also in the process of limeing the pond.

2 weeks ago, I started feeding the fish. My fincky mutt doesnt like the last dogfood I got him, so the fish are getting it. I plan on changing to fish food this week.

Ok to the point ( sorry for being so long winded).

Friday I went to feed the fish, and I noticed some little fish, about 1" long, Swimming around in a little hole in the shallows. I got a net and a bucket and snatched up a few. They are little baby catfish. Right now they are solid black. I know they arent from the 25 CC figerlings I put in, but I dont know what spiecies they are. I've got a few in my holding tank. I'm gonna grow em up a bit to see if I can identify them.

To me this is strange. As far as I know the pond never had any catfish in it. I've fished it since i was a small boy untill it the DW took over. And in 30 years Ive never heard of anyone catching a catfish out of it. Not to mention the fact that I didnt think anything of any size would have survived 15 years of DW covering the pond. And s far as I know, no spawning structure for cats.

I guess I really didnt hve a point to this post. I was just amazed that I got baby catfish.