Rainman someone mentioned earlier I believe that he thought his GSH might be eating FA. Maybe I'm dreaming but I thought he cut one open and found FA in it's stomach. However I only have had 800-1000 stocked for 6 weeks so they aren't eliminating my algae. You are right, it's the plants and my pond is bermed so I don't have any inflow into my pond. Early this spring with all my algae eaters dead and before the water plants were hardly up I had FA and I thought I was in big trouble. But then came the water plants and now I don't even have a trace of FA. But there is one other thing. I had thousands of tadpole so I started to watch them closely. On my deck supporting struts and posts under water, algae was forming. The tadpoles had the structures covered while eating the algae. Now I have so many frogs with lots of bull frogs that the noise is deafening before dawn. Not only are they around the pond they are out in the spatterdock lilies. So I'm thinking of all that protein the frogs are making from bugs that will turn into fat bass in a year or two.