Originally Posted By: MRHELLO
So since I am now switching from GFC to Aquamax in a few weeks (they have to order my food) I need to decide what I want to feed so they can order so some help quickly would be nice.

Based on the fact that the size of the food is really the only difference in the two, what should I look for in my pond to determine the one to use?

Just a small recap of my pond to get an idea of the fish and sizes of them or should be in there.

My pond is maybe 1/4 acre.

Stocked with:
HBG
CC
LMB
RES
BC
FHM
GC

And let’s not forget the natural abundance of GSF.

Anyway back to what I want to know is should I use 500 or 600 and why do you think one is better than the other for my situation?

Should I consider 400 or would that be a waste of money?

Thanks

Well...

Of the eight species you listed, I believe that the HBG, CC, GC, GSF, and MAYBE the LMB, will be the primary consumers. And since you don't really want the GC to eat the food anyway, you can eliminate them from the list. You will probably have some LMB that will learn to take the feed, but I'll bet their numbers will be few.

That leaves HBG, CC, and GSF. How big are the fish? How many of each?

Based on the size of your pond, and the species that are present, I'm betting you have a sizable population of smaller fish.

IF IT WERE ME, and I was determined to switch from GFC to AM, I would go with the 500.

A bigger fish can always eat smaller food, not so the other way around.

It may not be optimal foraging for some species, but it is better than nothing.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.