When I first bought this place the previous owners left a 13 hp craftsman riding mower. They said it didn't work. I replaced the fuse going to the ignition and everything was fine.

Until I was mowing around the pond that is. I dipped the front tires over the bank and away I went. (They didn't tell me that the brakes didn't work either.....) The bank there was 1:1 or even steeper.

It's amazing how many thoughts can go thru your mind in a split second. First was Oh Sh..!! Followed by "If I jump off now, the blades are still going and can I jump far enough to be clear of the machine when it hits the water? Nope. I'll just hang on here until the front end hits the water then I'll jump as far as I can." From the top of the bank to the water level was about 4 feet, and the water was about 3' deep at that spot.

After clearing the mower, I climbed out of the pond, grabbed my dad (who happened to be over at the house), a tow strap and the Suburban. After putting fresh gas and oil in it, it was back running about a half an hour later.

I never put it in the water again after that first time!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).