Well, finally some good news. I have found an avenue which might allow me to rent the rollers that I need to finish the 'dream'

I have an excavator rented for the last week of May. We will try to dig out as much clay as possible to re-line the catfish levee and lay down a fresh layer of clay around the banks and basins.

I have rented a skid loader for a month in July to move rock, re-build roads and path, lay clay around the banks, add DB200, bentonite (thanks Lassig) and finally build the rock pier and rock bridge. I think 1 day with the sheepsfoot roller and one day with the smooth sheel should be enough.

I have listed pictures of them below. Each one is capable of being a smooth shell and sheepsfoot. My best guess is that the vibrating roller will be the better one. They are almost the same cost per day.

 Drum width 54”
 12,000 lbs Operating Weight

 Drum Width 66”
 15,503 lbs Operating Weight

Volvo SD70 Smooth Single Drum Roller, Vibratory Roller

What do you all think?????

Next weekend plant 500 shrubs, more trees, wildflowers, strawberries, more raspberries and 100 pounds of grass seed.

I am getting excited again. I am hoping and praying that we can finish this up RIGHT this summer and have everything ready for the fall to fill.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?