Bill, The average size of the bass last fall were 8 inches, they may be a few larger but the number would be under 10, they may be a couple of pounds. I am hoping to get 3-5 pounders out of the pound. 5lbs may be pushing the limit. Also note I am from eastern montana, I am not sure how familiar you are with the climate but we tend to get alot hotter in the summer and alot colder in the winter then the west side of the state. June july and august can produce 90-100 degree days will ease. But we do get cold and our bass growing season is probably on the verge of being too short. Water clarity varies. In the spring the runoff causes the water to be murky and muddy. Late summer the water is fairly clear. There are catails and saco pond weed in and around the pond, the pond harbors about 2 dozen waterfowl, turtles and lots of leopard frogs. I am just looking for a place to go in the evening and be able to catch a few decent sized bass. Similiar ponds in the area have produced 3-4lbs bass. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Montana Red; 05/03/11 01:15 AM.