Bill - the patterned sprays are from fountains. Avg depths for this lake-system is probably 5-6 feet at typical levels. This community is about 4 miles from my house. I'm fairly familiar with it from my previous lake mgmt co affiliation.
I had a lengthy visit with Justin last Friday afternoon. I'll suggest altering the frequency/dose of dye in the future to minimize abrupt changes to coloration. But, I suspect the dye's affect on fishing is modest and only temporary. Based on Justin's comments, I think the predator/prey relationship might be out of balance. Adult 'gills are not nearly as abundant as in the past. Also, there are few if any suitable sites for 'gills to spawn, and no forage has been stocked for several years.
Urban lakes of this type are difficult to manage for both aesthetics and fishing. They're primarily designed for storm-water "detention" - secondarily "aesthetics" and possibly an irrigation-supply, while "fishing" is usually an after-thought.
Due to their detention-function, the lakes aren't maintained at full-level capacity. Well-water is usually required (automated) to keep the lakes' levels within acceptible perameters. But, during heavy rain-events, they're designed to catch and slowly discharge run-off from within the community.
Suffice to say that many differences exist between managing urban and rural lakes - not to mention the users' expectations.