My goodness, NEDOC, I hope a wiper in Nebraska is different from a wiper in Alabama. When I am going to need a wiper, I get off the pond and go to the house! As far as I know, none of my fish use wipers, either. Maybe they would be happier, though, if they had access to wipers when they needed them. But how do you solve the no hands problem for them?

By the way, my wife will kill me if she knows I posted this, but she is a bit leery of eating fish from the pond because "they tee-tee in the water." In her defense, she is a transplanted city girl. I think she may also suspect that after I have been fishing, the pond contains some yellow water of human origin–but she doesn't ask and I don't tell. I am already in enough trouble for putting my granddaughters (who love to fish and to eat their catch) ashore in the woods for #1. One of the younger ones figured that if she could go outdoors in the country, she could go outdoors in her yard. Of course, she got caught and invoked granddaddy as her higher authority for the convenient open air/drip-dry approach.
Lou