I have a 3/4 acre pond that I had built five years ago. Stocked it with fatheads (1000) and dafnia the first fall then the following spring with 400 1-2" perch, 100 1-2" crappies, 300 2-3" channel cats, trapdoor snails, fresh water clams and crayfish. A couple weeks ago I stocked 100 3-4" Georgia giants.
Had a bad winterkill this year but it only seemed to effect the chan. cats (brown blood?), Took out over 100 carcasses after the ice went out this spring. The other fish didn't seem to be harmed or at least I saw no evidence that they were.
My problem is that I seem to have an abundance of feed; the snails have reproduced like mad and are everywhere, polywogs are even worse, I've been trapping them out and relocating them to a friends bass pond but I can't seem to make a dent in the population. Young frogs seem to occupy every square inch of bank. I was feeding the fish every evening spring through fall up until a few weeks ago; they just don't seem that interested in the fish food anymore.
They also don't bite much anymore. There are a lot of young perch and crappies that tend to steal your bait. When we do catch any large perch, chan. cats or crappies they are very fat and usually their bellies are full of snails.
I think I need to stock some LMB to keep things in check around here. I was thinking that 15 or so should do the trick. Only problem is that the closest hatchery (Zetts in Pa.) only has 6-7" bass. Don't want to get any out of a local pond, I'd like some with good genetics and something that I'm sure isn't stunted.
Any suggestions, comments, critique on what I have so far done and plan to do most welcome. I'm here to learn. Thanks

Tyler