This is an email I sent to a certain individual who likes ice fishing Bremer Pond.

“Pond Update:

When you said there were dead fish floating up through the holes at that one pond, I decided to check out Bremer pond.

The Mule can get down to and around on the pond no problem. A person does get wet and dirty from flying slush, water and mud.

The north side of the building access would be good for a truck if it gets colder.

The ice has that grey look, but I think that is more from standing water/wet slush.

The river is more open each day but so far the pond hasn’t risen.

The pond is at 16 inches on the depth tube; the same as last Friday.

The barge area is more open even though the circulator hasn’t been running because of the warm temperatures.

There is open water up in the North Bay out maybe 4 feet at the widest point.

There are absolutely no floating fish in the barge open area or any open areas for that matter.

It is critical mass as to any more ice fishing driving a truck out there and totally weather and river rising dependent.”

That was yesterday..

Overnight it got cold enough to freeze everything solid and this morning I sent this e-mail to a certain individual who likes ice fishing Bremer Pond.

“You could probably get away with it today since it was colder over-night and things look more solid this morning.”

Later in the day today I took the weekly pond readings and found 21 inches of good solid clear ice.

In summary then, it is day to day on ice fishing potentiality this time of the year.

Updated Weeky

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather