For American Pondweed aka long-leaf pondweed try Wildlife Nurseries, Inc, POB 2724, Oshkosh WI 54903-2724 920-231-3780. I bought my long leaf starts from them 10 yrs ago and it is still present although with competition it has not become overabundant, actually sort of sparse when competing with eel grass. They also have IMO other beneficial emergent shallow water marginal plants such as wild rice, wild calla (water arum), lizard tail, pickerel plant, deep water duck potato (Sagitaria rigida), arrow arum (Peltandra virginica), and sweet flag.

For those interested in the clasping leaf pond weed (Potamogeton richardsonii, also called bassweed, muskie weed) noted in my post above, this nursery calls them Bassweed or Redhead Grass roots. It will tolerate mild salinity - real hard water and soft water. It will grow to depths of 10 ft if the water is clear and light can reach those depths. If water is more turbid 20"-3 ft then growth is to depths of 2-6ft. Several parts of this plant are good food for ducks.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/22/11 08:26 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management