Theo, update how did it go? What it only took you a year to build up enough courage to tag one? Dave described it perfectly. However if someone just read that they would think it difficult. It really is quite easy on bass. I can weigh, measure,tag in less than 23 secs ( well I made that up but pretty simple). remember to give it a little tuck this sets it in place and/or lets you know it did not get set right, rare but that does happen sometimes.

Cecil, we just shocked a lake couple weeks ago and got several bass we had tagged. They were covered in algae even ones that were not quite a yr old. however even the three year old tags were easy to read with a scrap of the tumbnail. we cleaned them with up and put them back in. I have always set max 4 yrs worth of reading. However after getting 3 that we coudl easily read out of 6 bass tagged three years ago I'm encouraged they may last longer.

Funny just had a lady call from NY wanting gun and 500 tags for Trout event. Said she could not find them anywhere else, weird how people find my little website.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com