Gotta love it when someone decides to do something stupid right at prime time when you're in your treestand... With all the urban bow hunting I do, I get my hunts messed up all the time!

Zep, I have all but given up on corn slingers as the parts seem to always break from wear and tear, squirrels, coons, bears and God knows what else that is trying to get at the corn... The solar panels and batteries are a PITA as well. I built a couple of simple to use gravity feeders to take inventory of my deer herd after hunting season is over in the winter. I used about a 6' length of 6" PVC pipe, cap the top and then cap the bottom. I cut a slit on the side near the bottom cap. I then place a plastic tray with small holes drilled in it to allow for water to seep through. The corn slowly feeds down the pipe and falls out onto the tray. I painted the piping a camo color to blend in with the tree I strap the feeder to. You can barely tell it's there even if you know it's there. The deer get used to it quickly and feed from it readily, even larger smart bucks. Total cost is about $30 and the two I have built have lasted for 4 or 5 years now. You do feed far more than just deer though, turkeys, squirrels, coons, bears, hogs, you name it... If they eat corn they'll come for a hand out.