The article by Slipke on Cason's (Cheyenne) pond is awesome.

ewests article on smallies has me recharged to get those rock piles into my pond (which I'd been procrastinating on for about 4 years).

catmandoo's recipe article is top notch.

When catmandoo, Todd, and Rex were at my pond, cat gave me a hunk of deer pastrami to take home. I said "I should see if Todd or Rex wants to take some home also." Cat said that Todd would be getting more as they see each other pretty often. So I said "I'll see if Rex wants some." Somehow, I forgot to ask Rex if he wanted some.

I'd been eating on the hunk of deer pastrami for a few days, and I told my wife that it was homemade pastrami. I kept noticing the hunk getting smaller when I wasn't around. Finally, I asked my wife if she had been eating it as I finished off the last chunk. She said "yes."

I told her I was surprised she was eating/enjoying it 'as it was venison. She got pretty quiet. She didnt' know it was deer meat, and I guess I never mentioned it.

It is some of the best stuff I have ever, ever had!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."