It seems the more I read the more mistakes I have made concerning my new pond and my largemouth bass. Had 3/4 acre pond dug last summer(2009). It is all clay bottom, and is in the shape of a semi-colon. The larger end is 15' deep, the middle is 12' and the thinner end is 10', with a sandy,swimming beach at the small end. The pond is located in a low spot and run-off comes from every direction. We did not hit any water when constructing the pond so all the water has come from the run-off. I put in 2 gallons of fathead minnows this spring and 75, 5"to 7" largemouth bass all at the same time. Yes, the minnows were gone by mid summer. So I began feeding by hand pelletted bass food. They were eating very agressively until the cooler weather hit. Now they are not eating at all. Should I continue to throw feed out risking harm to my pond or stop until next spring? I did catch several this fall and they were between 8" to 12", and yes, I did fish in the same area where I feed them, seeing I feed them all around the pond! Also, I don't see any sign of plant growth. We have had two ducks in the pond since spring and they seem to pull everything growing out. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks