Quote:
Originally posted by bobad:
 Quote:
Originally posted by burgermeister:
bobad, there was a past thread on a pretty cheap source for ghost(grass) shrimp eggs. Seemed there were live ones too. The price seemed to be reasonable. Will try to find it; maybe someone else has it earmarked.
Hey Burg,

AFAIK, you can't buy ghost shrimp eggs. Maybe you're thinking of brine shrimp. (AKA fairy shrimp, AKA sea monkeys) You can dry the eggs and store them for years, and they will still be viable. In fact, I think they must dry out in order to stimulate them to hatch when wetted again.

I gotta bulid a minnow trap to catch some more gambusia. I think we used to build them but I don't remember how.
Gotcha, bobad. No grass shrimp eggs. There was still a reasonable source for the little guys. Still looking. Minnow traps can be purchased for 5-6 bucks at Walmart or Academy. They are in 2 halves. Like 2 cones with the ends bent in and holes in each end. There is a large spring pin to hook the 2 parts together. They are very effective. They come with various size holes for capturing diff. size bait.