Hey D.L.

Maybe you can clean up your swimming area only. It doesn't take much room to have a swimming area for the kids. Get a weed rake and get the weeds out and then I use chest waiters to walk around the swim area to start cleaning it up. I remember as kids the only way we got the swim area down to a nice sandy bottom was getting in there and swimming it. smile So I try to everytime I am at my pond to walk around in it with old shoes on or chest waiters or something to slowly get the muck out of there. It's not a fast process though.

Shocking your lake you need to talk with Greg Grimes he is on this site from time to time. You have a lot of very knowledgable guys on this site from Texas so your in the right area. Don't quote me on this but I believe the cost for shocking would be right around 700 to a 1000 bucks, but like I said you need to talk to Greg about that his website is www.lakework.com It does NOT hurt your fish in any way. Some pond / lakes are not good for shocking though because of their water chemistry, he can help you with that also, but it would be a great investment in you could get it done.

The answer to your last question is yes. If you are catching a lot of 12-14 inch bass you need to get rid of them if you want bigger bass in your pond that is. If you like to catch a lot of small bass then you can leave it alone! smile 14 inch is a decent bass IMO. If it were me I would start getting rid of anything under 14 first. You may have a LOT of 10 to 12 inchers in there! Look Greg Grimes up on this site he won't stear you wrong he is a great guy and shocking lakes and ponds is part of what he does for a living!

Good Luck

Last edited by RC51; 09/22/10 09:39 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!