All,

Thanks in advance for all of the kind help I have received for all of my pond, plant and fish questions. Two more here.

I have a pond 1/3 of an acre fed by stream water via pump. I recently (in the last month) added a fresh water well at the cabin and I allow the overflow from my fresh water container at the cabin to simply go right into the pond. The water from the fresh water well is extremely cold - 160' down and we measured the temp at 47'F.

The pond receives app 2000+ gal/day from the 2 solar pumping systems that run every day - w/ 2/3 coming from the fresh water well.

2 questions:

First - I noted when the fresh water well is pumping - the fish congregate around the water inlet to the pond - all of the fish. Minnies, next to blue gill next to perch next to LMB - all facing the inlet as if it were some sort of summer 'fan'. The LMB paying no attention at all to the minnies or smaller fish...why is that? Never seen anything like that.

Second - and the more important question. With so much water coming it at 47'F - will this 'warm water' pond cool off such that I should think about adding trout too? Any harm doing that?

The pond has 4 koi (and I heard loud and clear why I should get rid of them - just have not had the time to do so), channel cats, blue gills (some hybrid some native), perch, rock bass, LMB - and I just planted 10 lbs of minnies as well. Everything is growing well and happy as far as I can see.

Just curious if contemplating adding the trout would upset what I have thus far developed.

Thanks!