Loretta, can you post a link to an aerial map of your pond? Try Google maps or one of the multitude of aerial view services available online. That may help, especially if you can at least try to give us a good description of things in writing so we know what we're looking at.

As for the berm, I honestly don't know your answer. I was thinking, though, that if you have a low area where water will run in, you may want to consider making it into a wetland area that will filter a lot of the water coming in and slow it down so there is time for sediment to clear. Heck, you might even consider building your berm to add depth, then use that inlet area to serve as a surface runoff funnel into the your wetland area and then your pond. If you build the berm up around that area as well, so it acts as a catch area for surface runoff, you could possibly add depth that way. I'm probably not explaining this very well, but doggone it, I have a good picture in my head!

Let's see what the others have to say, but definitely try to find an aerial shot and then send us a link to it.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB