Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
The bet of the bunch, to me, was from Wisconsin.

The name is Leinenkugels. I tried several types and the classic amber was the best. I'm having trouble getting it here so I'm back to the King of Beers.

Yeesh! Spending my first 22 years in Wisconsin -- a state where 18 year-olds could legally walk into a bar,and anyone who could drive or get driven to a bar, could walk in and get served -- Leinenkugel's was not the beer of choice -- even as under-aged drinkers.

We had Northern, Fitger's, Brunig's, Blatz, and a few other local brews that went national, like Hamms, Schlitz, and Pabst.

Leinenkugel's had a two-word nick-name I can't possibly write here without being moderated. It was based on the picture in the center of the old label -- half vulgar racial slur, and half just-plain nasty vulgar. Totally nasty.

I've not had a Leinies in years. But, it wasn't a pleasant beer.

For it to have survived all the other better breweries -- somebody must like it. But, then there are a lot of really nasty Pennsylvania beers that survived, and I like a lot of them.

Burping and Gurgling,
Ken

P.S. If anyone wants to send me a case, or two, of beer from your local area, I'll be glad to evaluate it.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!