First off great story and photos Coach, I love it.

Originally Posted By: catmandoo
I strongly believe that the "Traveling Lures" resulted in an immense amount of camaraderie and friendship. It certainly did for my bride and me. We had interactions with some wonderful people because of it. We need more projects like this that can bring people of disparate backgrounds together for a common purpose -- even if it isn't about fishing.

Originally Posted By: burgermeister
what cat said.

Originally Posted By: ewest
Yes and just think how many ponds and fish that jointed Rap minnow has seen. What a trip its had !!

Originally Posted By: CoachB
True, true. The time with my daughters trying to catch a fish that first night are precious memories that that far outweigh the lack of fish.

Wow guys thank you all for this input. To be honest I thought we had come to a point where people didn't particularily care about the Traveling Lures anymore and had become somewhat dishearted about the entire event.

This thread went quiet a while without any updates and I thought that perhaps the event had been a mistake. JWHAP and I spent quite a bit of time researching the presentation box and deciding what lures would go in it and thankfully Todd jumped in and has done all of the calendar work and schedule coordination.

It's good to hear that people have enjoyed the event as much as I have in reading about it. I had already planned an event for next year but had decided to scrap it because I didn't think people were particularily interested - - perhaps now I will begin the planning stages of next year's event. Thanks for the feedback, I truly appreciate it.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)