Central Texas here and stocked about 200 cc and about 20-30 lbs. of fatheads five years ago. The pond is about 1.5 acres and red from suspended clay and no structure except a few trees that were pushed in the bottom. A few blue gill were put in but did not know if they would survive the muddy water climate. Best fish taken is 11-12 lbs., 30 inches this year and quite a bit of reproduction in the realm of 1-2 lbs and more. Have one feeder on it that I run about 7 months per year but works out to 150# every three weeks. Coons get some of course. Have restocked I think twice with fatheads at about 5-10 lbs, twice. I never thought this tank (pond) would do well but cc seem to thrive on the muddy stuff and never a weed problem at all. Anyway I thought I would throw out that fact about channel cats being very hardy and reproducing in tough climes. We have harvested about 75 in 5 years from 3-11 lbs. We have been doing the management recommendations about taking the 17-20 inch fish for food and leaving the larger and smaller ones. The big gal that was 30 inch was released. By the way , the older males are really easy to spot with their dark color and nobby heads. And on a cc that looks good.