Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Yeah, I think that's been pretty well covered - HBG are very often a cross of BG x GSF. THEY WILL HAVE SOME GSF CHARACTERISTICS! That does not make them GSF. It's like the labradoodle dog (why anyone would do this to a perfectly good Lab I'll never know! laugh ):

This one looks a lot like a Lab, but it's not. Remember that just because a HBG may look like a GSF, it's not. Subsequent generations may take on more characteristics of GSF, but they aren't GSF.

That isn't a labradoodle either! That dog looks like a mutt, not a labradoodle (hybrid), nor a pure bred lab or poodle (unless the hair is cut short in the picture. Hard to tell if they had been groomed fairly recently, and my eyes fail me sometimes).

Hybrid x Hybrid does not = a hybrid in the vast majority of cases, mostly yields mutts.

Hybrid x pure bred will only with low probability = a hybrid (mostly yields "mutts"... Just a numbers game at this point)

Pure bred x pure bred = hybrid

It is statistically improbable that a hybrid would revert back to either of its parental phenotypes except in a few freak of nature incidents, which pretty much means it will not happen as i understand it.

That dog is adorable by the way.

Dr. Flores D.V.M.