Yeah, I think that's been pretty well covered - HBG are very often a cross of BG x GSF. THEY WILL HAVE SOME GSF CHARACTERISTICS! That does not make them GSF. It's like the labradoodle dog (why anyone would do this to a perfectly good Lab I'll never know! laugh ):

This one looks a lot like a Lab, but it's not. Remember that just because a HBG may look like a GSF, it's not. Subsequent generations may take on more characteristics of GSF, but they aren't GSF.

Stop sweating this one, MRHELLO. Seriously. I would really doubt you were sold straight GSF (had you been, JHAP and the GSA would have made a run on the hatchery and bought up the entire stock! grin ). You have spent an awful lot of time worrying about that and I, as a total rank amateur, just think it's wasted effort for you. You've gotten a bunch of great suggestions for how to move forward with the pond, so focus your energies there and I really think you'll be much happier as you start seeing progress versus spinning your wheels over the HBG issue. Now onward, friends!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB