Here's my offerings....
Chase the dream...just be sure you know the dream, first. If not, the journey will be fun and the end gain will be elusive.

Work like average people and you'll be average. Work a little harder and think a little smarter and you'll be a little above average.

Find the box and change it.

Make more money than you spend.

The sun will go down tonight and come right back up tomorrow. If it doesn't we all have other issues.

Not all business is good business...unless you are starving.

Seek discounts when buying, but don't give many when your income depends on it.

Learn to say "no" or you'll wind up overcommitted. Say "yes" when it's appropriate.

Under-promise and over-deliver.

Always follow up...always.

Smile a lot...it's contagious and people want to do business with happy, professional people who love what they do.

Oh, about what to do in the winter...seems like everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line...everyone...enjoys ice fishing. Become the ice-fishing expert. Design and manage your summer ponds for the best ice fishing...review the concept of "Find the box and change it". If you manage your spring and summer business around ice fishing, when it's time to ice fish you will have set the stage for your clients. Next, set up a winter plan to help them catch more fish...become the "King of Chum" and make the rounds selling fathead minnows and create a device to shoot them underwater around the structure that holds fish for ice fishing. You will become someone's hero and they'll pay you.

Don't keep regular hours. Ponds don't.

Always make a good first impression but don't talk a line of crap. Everyone sees through crap, even though it isn't clear.

If you don't know something, admit it, but tell the client you know someone who does...and then go get the answer.

Always be honest even though a lie might be easy. Liars are losers.

Be on time.

Wear sunscreen or my wife will bust you.

Oh..the most important thing...it took me 18 years to figure this one out..."It ain't about the pond or the fish or the plants." It's about the "it". Figure out the "it" and you'll grin all the way to the bank...(play on the word "bank").

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...