Hi,
I am new but have been reading the forum for awhile and the more I read on this subject the more confused I am. We bought a house that was a forclosure and it has approx. 1/2 acre pond that hadn't had anything done to it for at least a couple of years. We bought a new motor for the aeration system and have had it running 24/7 since May. I have treated the pond and have the alge fairly under control. It is in a woods so there is a lot of muck in the pond from leaves and stuff. We are hoping to get some blue gill and minnows in there this fall and wait to put bass in next year. My confusion is with the aeration. When do I want to run it, should I run it 24/7 or just a few hours a day. Someone told me that I should stop running it at night in August. Should I only be running it at night now? Or with all the muck should it be run 24/7? My electric bill went up about $50 a month since I have been running it. Am I just wasting electric or with all that muck does it need to be running to help get rid of that? I guess I just need some advise.
Thank you...
Vicky