I posted about this weed last year. There were just a couple of small patches here and there last year but it has now completely surrounded my pond in a 6' to 8' band. My fish seem to like it but the wife wants it gone. The fish complain less so I need to eliminate it.

1/2 acre pond max 10' depth. No turbidity. Good bloom with about 20" visability.

I stocked two grass carp in '03 and I haven't seen one in a couple of years. They were due to be replaced anyway so I'm going to add two.

I'm planning to rake out as much as I can. It comes out pretty easy. No point in leaving it there to fertilize the next round.

What chemical should I use to kill it? Reward, whitecap? Which is most cost effective for long term?

If my math is correct, I'd need about 15 ounces of whitecap to get 90ppb that's about $300, would take a couple of months to work but would last as long as the ppb stays up. I'm at minimum water shed so I only reach overflow a couple of times per year.

Reward is about $350 for 2.5 gallons. It sounds like it could be used for spot spraying which sounds like that would be easy enough in my situation. I also read that it can be mixed with Cutrine Plus to extend the product and knock out FA in the process (I get a little FA seasonally). Considering the mixing rates, I could probably get 5 treatments out of a 2.5gal jug of Reward, maybe 10 treatments if mixed with Cutrine. Does that sound about right for a 10' band around a 1/2 acre pond and this weed type?

Here's the photos from last year:

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." Stephen W. Hawking