If you go back to the start of this thread you will see why Todd decided to go the diquat route. Based on cost and possibly saving some plants. There was lots of debate here. If me I would go with flouridone- it is not me so I gave advice. Todd call me for our best whitecap cost if you wish but no way I would do that cost in middle of summer I would wait until spring. I have many clients use floridone at the the 90 ppb level and not rid of watermeal either- mad as heck at money spent. Protocol for this is early spring and lowering your pond to buy you residual time.

fyi- we treat about 200 ponds a year times many years. I tried to give my advice on how to acheive watermeal control with diquat with rates and frequency based on severla past experiences. It is not easy but very doable. Also being that it is a contact herbicide other plants lived through it because putting a more concentrated mix right on problem watermeal not all aroudn the pond. Overalll diquat concentration in the pond minimal and overall cost minimal. After the intitial knockdown of water meal it usually takes very few gallons of mix.

So do with this info as you may I try to not get in arguements but I do not give advice based on my one pond or hypothetical situation it is real world. I take time when I see where I think I can help with free advice and hope it helps.

Todd keep it up but ironic after being clear your goals it is swithcing back to I would use Flouridone already. It is a process that takes mutiple treatments and no idea on using a lower concentration diquat at less rates how manyt treatmetns it will take. My mindset woudl be at least I keep it form taking over and killing my fish with oxygen cras. Tough in this heat for sure, good luck.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com