Yesterday I bought a bag of Game Fish Chow for the pond. I figured in order to determine the current population density I needed to see what was feeding.

After about two or three minutes the water starting "boiling". At first I thought it was oil coming off the food kind of like what you see with Aquamax. Once I looked closer I realized it was small fish surrounding all the pellets. Fish size varied from 0.5"-3" although the distribution was heavily favoring the 0.5" fish.

After fifteen minutes I heard some splashing and saw some larger HBG/BG hitting the feed, but for every large BG there were 500 tiny ones. I waited patiently for the CC to surface if any still remained. After half an hour I decided to take off. I did not spot a single CC or Bullhead which normally hog most if not all of the feed.

My GSH and FHM fell through so sometime this week I will need to call my local bait shop and get three to four lbs of FHM. I am sure of the fish kill now so it's time to start filling the pond with food.

If I do decide to go with YP/SMB what size fish should I purchase to stock and when should they be added?