step by step, nail by nail...
-
Every move we make is calculated based on need. In our case, need directly correlates to protection from the elements. The house wrap has done an outstanding job of protecting from the wind and precipitation, but the UV rays of the sun are showing some of the damaging effects. I am not concerned that we have gone beyond the point of no return on degradation....yet. But, as noted, each item of wrapping up the exterior is weighed against all the others for priority.
-
This weekend was mostly dedicated to protecting the undersides of the gable ends. The lower gable sections are getting wet from the driven rain, and man...have we had the driven rain this spring. I have dreaded this project cuz it involves ladders and scaffolds at the highest of heights; a pain to set up and take down, and a strain on my sense of balance and focus. Completing boxing in these eaves, tho, includes setting the frieze boards that will frame the final push to install the lap siding. It sets the next stage.

Since we had the ladders and scaffold at this end, we framed the window at the 2nd story, too. Now, it's all siding to go at this end.
-
-
We got the same accomplished at the other end, but no framing around the windows. That will be a project for the very near future. We did manage, tho, to complete the fascia and soffit venting along the shed dormer.

-
We left the very bottoms of the gable soffits unfinished since that project is low priority for protection. We are now weighing out the next battle for the weekend over the 4th.