I have been reading a lot of the posts about aeration and still have lots of questions.

Our pond is 3/4 surface acres with a 14' channel through the majority of the middle with the average depth being 8'.

I have stocked walleye ( 24 ) , YP ( 60 ), LMB ( 20 ) ,Channel cats ( 6 ) , BG ( 36 ) and 18 trout.

Over the past 3 years everything is thriving and growing beyond my immagination. Just this morning I started to notice the trout hanging in the shallows and I know that means trouble. My question is ... is there a way to oxygenate the cooler water near the bottom without destroying the thermocline and loosing the cooler waters below ? It would seem that the DO levels are most likely less than ideal in the cooler waters or the trout would not have came out of them for oxygen. They survived the past 2 years but last summer was more of a prolonged spring/fall than an actual MI summer. I run a 2hp pump continually oxygenating the surface water and to create current to push floating debris to a homemade skimmer but that doesn't seem to be enough.

I realize Trout in MI for any other reason than put and take is a stretch but any insight would be appreciated.

1 other question, Does anyone else find their walleye to be very sensitive to catch and release ? they seem very delicate once their on the hook.

1/2 acre 14' Deep. LMB, WE, YP, HBG, BG, Rainbows.