Originally Posted By: Stacy4Stubby
Nice photos Theo. Better yet, NICE fish! I hate to show my ingnorance smile but what are the two fish? (I have limited knowledge on fisheys wink )
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Way to go Theo! What were the dimensions of those beauties?
Originally Posted By: ewest
Theo how about an update on the SMB/YP/RE pond ?

Those two pics are a 12" SMB and a 10.5" YP.

Eric, the pellet eaters amongst the YP are really fattening up this year. I didn't get a spawn this Spring (from either the Perch or the Smallies), but expect them next year. SMB are mostly 11" - 12" and have hit a hump wrt properly sized forage unless they can catch RES offspring or are among the few that are eating Aquamax.

Pellet trained broodstock RES are staying on Aquamax and are quite fat. They run up to about 11" long. The oldest RES offspring (2 years old now) are getting close to 7" long. Some of them developed eggs this year. I have moved about 50 juvie RES and about 250 small (1 year old) fingerling Redears to my other pond this year to boost the RES population there. I will move a bunch of 2010 YOY Redears as well when I seine it later this year.

I have about 40 Male-only BG in the pond now ranging from 8.5" to at least 10.5". I caught two 10.5" BG in it last year which should be longer than that now.

Some of this year's best fish from that pond:

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]