Sadworld, I'm not sure about the product that you're using but the product that we distribute is recommended once per week at a given concentration. If you're applying for sludge digestion it helps to scour the bottom to seed the bacteria and expose the the underlying organic sediments that you want the bacteria to feed on. If you scour, do it in the morning on a sunny day as it could create additional oxygen demand.

Bennie brings up a good point. How do you prove that it works? Most people aren't willing to go through the initial steps to determine if they are good candidates for bacteria let alone follow any sort of scientific approach to whether it's working or not. This leads to a lot of anecdotal determinations of its efficacy which is less than compelling IMO. I guess what I'm trying to say is that testing is a very important part of a pond management plan. Lack of testing/information can cause you to waste money.

And yes Bennie, it is mainly a preventative maintenance tool which makes it even more difficult to tell if it's working. It's obvious if it's not working which IMO is why it gets a bad rap sometimes.

People that take vitamins every day still get sick occasionally. Does this mean that vitamins don't work? My Dad takes about 25 vitamins twice per day. When he visited last week I ask what each one was for and he can't remember why he takes half of them...but he keeps taking them. Maybe he should take something for his memory laugh

Richard Dennis
EP Aeration
rich@epaeration.com
www.epaeration.com
(800) 556-9251