Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Beautiful Scott - thanks for sharing. Is that ultra water clarity I'm seeing or a reflection on the water?

The first picture under Random Pics with the green near shore - the green disappears at the old high water mark, in that pic that is about 18" deep. Clarity is (well was) high, a bloom started on Monday and visibility is now about 30" and getting less every day.

The water that flowed into the pond was really dark with tannins from the leaves on the forest floor. I pumped about 1" of water into the pond today from the neighbor's land, any more and it'll just go out of my pond. I need to conserve that water 'till the BG finish spawning. The RES are in VERY shallow water, and I want them to pull off a spawn this year. As of this afternoon, between the BG and the RES I only see about 75 beds. FA is getting worse, water temp in 1' of water was 83° today, 3'-4' deep it was 77°. I'll check tomorrow in deeper water, I think I have 8' or so on the probe. The trout didn't feed at all this evening except for one RBT. I wasn't around for the A.M. feeding.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).