Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
7mag

You mention being surrounding by a housing community, is that correct? Realize if your watershed includes these pristine, green lawns you are probably some very nutrient rich runoff from their excess lawn fertilizer.

Sorry I gave you the wrong impression. It's pretty rural where I live and not much lawn fertilizing goes on. The contour of the land is such that most water just pools or flows away from pond, very poor drainage and a driveway between other propertys and the pond. But, I'm not sure how long it takes for Cow nutrients to dissipate from a pasture though.

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Sue and Cecil and Burger are all very excellent sources for info and know volumes more than I - really good advice they offer you should follow.
Yes thank you, all of y'all have given me some very good ideas and I'm still digesting the information. My mind is slow at processing stuff sometimes and it seems I find something new or understand it better each time I read it and I've reread the thread several times just today.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus