I got a phone call from my nephew this evening asking if he and a buddy could fish the pond. Here’s the results, all caught on Stubby Steve’s.

This is the largest RBT caught so far, they had a blast. They learned 2 things tonight. 1) sharp hooks hook and hold fish better than dull ones and 2) if you’re using dull hooks, any slack given to the fish will result in them coming off (like when they jump 3’ into the air coming at you like a missle shot from a submarine laugh ). This RBT is 17.5" long and weighed 2.98#

Two other RBT's were landed and removed for a meal for them;
one 17" 2.52# and one 16.5" 2.21# Those trout were stocked in last October and weighed right around 1# each. It seems that the AquaMax 600 is agreeing with them!

I couldn't let them have all the fun so I tossed in a Stubby Steve's pellet on a #8 hook with 2# test and let it sink. I thought I had a trout but look what showed up:

14.5#, 2.26# WR 1.46? I think it was one of the pound fish that I stocked from Jones last Spring that were supposed to be pellet trained. Look at the body size compared to the mouth size. I tagged it with a numbered tag and back in it went. I also saw the other LMB that I tagged last year as a skinny (2.76#), but long (18") LMB from the local lake. It was looking a lot fatter than it did when it went in, but it ignored the pellet.

I had on what looked like another LMB, but it came unbuttoned close to shore. We also caught 3 Male BG and one Female.

We saw some larger trout swimming around. I can't believe how fast they grow! The WR's are picking up!!!
grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).