Alright, I couldn't take it. The dang surface looked so good that I just HAD to do something with it before it faded out. We grabbed a gallon of Wolman deck and fence brightener and scrubbed the entire surface to clean it last weekend. We let it dry all week; no rain. We went back today with the cordless random orbit sander and knocked off the grade stamps.
I did some due diligence on finishes. I listened to the forum ideas and looked thru the stuff at Menards and Homey. It starts to get like buying a bed mattress. Before my head exploded, I assured myself that I'm doing it again...making too big a deal and creating more work. I went to Menards and studied the PPG products, utlimately selecting the most expensive finish they had. For about $22 per gal., the Pittsburgh Paints Ultra Advanced Semi-transparent stain looked good. It's a water borne oil (acrylic oil); cleans with soap and water. To be sure, I called the PPG stains cust service and quizzed them on all their products. The said that the solid color is the most durable; I hate solid color stains for decks. OK, then the product I was contemplating would be the next best for durability in a semi-trans. Done. (you bet, Rocky-T...natural cedar)

You can see the difference between new PT and older PT. The stringer supporting the decking of the approach dock was installed last summer; we did nothing to prepare it...just slopped on the stain.
-
-

I figgered the dorky blue tarp roof needed some help, so I put's up da no-trespassing bucket. I've been working the neighborhood on garbage day to find a corduroy couch so's I kin take in da view.
-
-
Seriously, I rolled the stuff on and REALLY tried to time the passing of the sun so it wasn't in direct sunlight. Well, let's say that most of it was done in the shade. It's not my best work; kinda blotchy where I re-rolled previous work trying to blend and cover. Tuff! I'll letcha know how it weathers and wears for future deck builders.