I'm new at this, so here goes. I have a 1 acre pond that was dug eons ago, it averages about 4-5 feet deep with the deepest area being 10-12 feet in the middle. It became infested with duckweed about 4 years ago and we had some large fish kills trying to get rid of the DW. I let it set for several years just festering in DW while I sulked over the dead fish. Last spring I decided to get it back in fishing shape. I bought about 8 gallons of Reward and an ATV sprayer and waged war with the DW during March and April without any regards for fish kills. After the Reward wore off the tea stained water turned clear, clear, clear with no signs of life except for a few minnows. In late April I purchased 100 4-6" F1 LMB, 200 2" RES and captured 800+ 3"-4" BG from an overstocked subdivision lake. I started hand tossing 1-1/2 lbs of a 48% protein 1/8" floating trout feed I buy down the road from a Burris feed mill in May and installed a Vertex Air 1 Plus Aerator in July. My LMB are now 10" to 14" long and weigh over a pound. My largest BG average 8" and about 1/2 lb. No sign of RES since they were released. But shortly after buying my fish I started seeing a few 2' to 3' Spotted Gar cruising the shallows and while trying to catch them with juglines and bowfishing we've also taken several 4-5 lb Bowfin. Does anyone have any ideas on removing these monsters without jeopardizing the progress I've already made. Also any suggestions for improvements I could make to my pond would be appreciated too.

Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary. ~Patrick F. McManus