hey guys I have a 10' by 2' tank that use to be a swimming pool for the kids but now has turned into a mosquito farm. I was thinking that I might grow some FHM for the pond 1/4 acre.

I have noticed that I don't have any recruitment from my FHM now that my CC are recruiting, was suppose to be a put and take but the CC decided differently I have 5 3-4 lb CC slated for the dinner table leaving about 3 or 4 over 5 lbs with hundred's of recruits in the 3-8" range. I do have some RES that have recruited, my 6 year old nephew and I (sampled) the pond last weekend and actually caught a few RES in the 3-5" range which surprised me I didn't think I was getting any recruitment from them and little to none from my HBG.

So I have this tank and would like to raise a bunch of FHM and transfer them when needed but I don't want to have to worry about a filter and all that jazz if I can keep from it. Is this possible or will I have to put some effort into this project to go along with the 50 other projects I have working around the farm?

Plus I think it would be cool for the nephews to see a bunch of fish in a tank that the could mess with.

plus a contained stock tank would be ok for a couple tilapia

A little snow, Please!