Having fought my leaky pond for over a year, I became distraught when so much water leaked through the dam, that a section on the backside became saturated and slid downhill. This was just after the water level finally approached full pond. I almost gave up on it as it leaked so bad and now this! I researched all the usual fixes and tried something called ESS-13. The main selling point was that I could use a water borne method that did not require draining and heavy equipment, thus the cost was a lot lower. That and it seemed a good fit as it controls seepage. Had my doubts, seemed too good to be true but proceeded to purchase 3 barrels for my .2 acre pond. . After a week, the backside of the dam started dried out. It was easy to see, with all the earth exposed. The water was no longer leaking through the dam and I went from losing 1 1/2 inches per day to .5 inches per day. Rather have 0 loss but a 2/3 reduction in loss rate and a viable dam works for me!. Wanted to share what worked for me and that Seepage Control is a great outfit to deal with.