Ed-man...so glad ya asked.
The plan was to get into decking the piers and deck over Memorial day. So far, this remains the plan. I have been monitoring the "air-dry bunk". The top pieces have shown some twist and camber, but I expected that since they have minimal top support to hold 'em back. I had hoped the bands would loosen some as the lumber shrunk. I have had to tighten the bands a little, but it wasn't like losing 15# and having to pull your belt over 1 more notch. The balance of the bunk still looks good. I wonder what's gonna happen when I pop 'er open. Might be time to open that Alpine ski shop.
I wrestled and researched the markets for the method I want to employ for securing them to the joists. The goal continues to be invisible fasteners. I thought I was sold on the Eb-Ty fasteners, then I found Lumber loc . They were cheaper and appear to be similar in composition and application. In fact, I called the home office and they sent me a couple of samples. I just can't see a plastic composition fastener as long term and secure for treated lumber. So, just as I was about to start preparing for some commitment, Menards sends me a big ol' sales flyer with a decking section. Whoa...there it is! Tiger Claw, type TC2 . I did some quick due diligence, price shopping, and Tiger Claw from Menards wins. Oh yeah, and they have all their SS fasteners on sale, too. Bingo; 700 pc of TC2 fasteners + screws, ready for installation. Oooo boy.