Just an update... I got great advice from a bunch of people. A big fyke net with wings sounded like it would be most effective, but I wasn't sure I'd consistently have time and help to utilize a big fyke net. I talked with several vendors about purchasing some catfish traps. The traps weren't too expensive, but the shipping was about as much as the trap. So, I purchased some wire to make a trap. In hindsight, I wouldn't recommend that. Then, I was talking with someone in the area one day and they said they had several hoop nets I could try. I went to pick one up and noticed they also had five wooden catfish traps as recommended by several of the vendors I talked with and a five gallon bucket of cheese bait. So I set out the five wooden traps. They float. I put a brick in each and figured they would sink as they absorbed water, but they are still floating (eventually ending up grounded next to bank). So far, I've only had a bunch of bluegill and redears in them.

Maybe that is a good sign that I don't have many bullheads in there? Maybe that just means they need to sink and I need to add more weight.

One thing that confuses me is the size. The biggest bluegill/redears are about three inches and most seem to be around 1.5 inches. I stocked them last fall I think. Shouldn't they be bigger?

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]